BLUE HILL, MAINE — On Saturday, April 2, Blue Hill became the third town in Maine to adopt the Local Food and Self-Governance Ordinance. The Ordinance was passed at Blue Hill’s town meeting by a near unanimous vote. This comes on the heels of the unanimous passage of the Ordinance in neighboring towns, Sedgwick and Penobscot, on March 5 and March 7, respectively. The Ordinance asserts that towns can determine their own food and farming policies locally, and exempts direct food sales from state and federal license and inspection requirements.
Millions Against Monsanto
Verified GM-Free Foods
Organic Travel Guide
Dirty Foods to avoid
Sustainable Seafood Guide
Raw Milk Map by State
Gun Shows by State
Alternative Medicine database
Guide to Food Ingredients
Guide to Composting
Home Food Preservation
Grass Fed Meat by State
US Farmers Markets
US Food Co-ops
American Community Gardening
Start a Petition
Online Radio & TV ShowsJuice Plus+® provides the nutritional essence of 17 different fruits, vegetables and grains in a convenient capsule form. Click here to learn more.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Shagbark Seed & Mill offers model to revive local grains in the U.S.
- Studies find organic farms benefit birds and bees
- Organic broiler chickens and soybean meal imports rise amid 2019 crop harvest uncertainty
- Grain by Grain describes journey of organic farming pioneer and leader
- Will Kernza® perennial grain lead an agricultural revolution?
- Do You Bake Bread? You Just Might Be a Community Scientist.
- Boston’s Eastie Farm Builds Community and Resilience on the Front Lines of Climate Change
- Study Finds Farm-Level Food Waste is Much Worse Than We Thought
- Bringing Fresh Produce to LA’s Corner Stores Alone Won’t Solve Food Inequality. But it’s a Start.
- How a Black Farming Community Found Justice
- We Need to Talk about Sandy Hook
- Mowing the Lawn in Gaza
- Fasten your seat belts – Iran saving democracy in Iraq
- Ukraine President Once Agent for U.S. State Department
- WTC Building 7’s Controlled Demolition: New release by 9/11 Consensus Panel
- Why does the US govt support attacks on civilians in Ukraine?
- Hot War with Russia – The Saker
- Water Liberty: How Innovation Trumps Privatization
- Turnabout is Fair Play – Cuba and Ukraine
- This ‘covert nuclear war’ on humanity
- Working the Dark Side
- Will the US start a smallpox threat creation program?
- Europeans Pushing To Expose Global Climate Engineering
- Should Harry Reid’s corporate interests trump public grazing rights?
Juice Plus Aeroponic Garden Tower
- Permaculture ends meat-vegan debate, promotes anarchy
- 11 Herbs for Strong Bones
- Heal Yourself in 15 Days - the series
- 7 Foods So Unsafe Farmers Won't Eat Them
- Monsanto, Blackwater and GM crop saboteurs
- Regulators knew Roundup causes birth defects: Lied to public
- Unspinning the Web of Spider-Goat
- 6 Ways Food is Being Used as a Weapon
~ Special Thanks To ~