BLUE HILL, MAINE — On Saturday, April 2, Blue Hill became the third town in Maine to adopt the Local Food and Self-Governance Ordinance. The Ordinance was passed at Blue Hill’s town meeting by a near unanimous vote. This comes on the heels of the unanimous passage of the Ordinance in neighboring towns, Sedgwick and Penobscot, on March 5 and March 7, respectively. The Ordinance asserts that towns can determine their own food and farming policies locally, and exempts direct food sales from state and federal license and inspection requirements.
Millions Against Monsanto
Verified GM-Free Foods
Organic Travel Guide
Dirty Foods to avoid
Sustainable Seafood Guide
Raw Milk Map by State
Gun Shows by State
Alternative Medicine database
Guide to Food Ingredients
Guide to Composting
Home Food Preservation
Grass Fed Meat by State
US Farmers Markets
US Food Co-ops
American Community Gardening
Start a Petition
Online Radio & TV ShowsJuice Plus+® provides the nutritional essence of 17 different fruits, vegetables and grains in a convenient capsule form. Click here to learn more.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Organic corn and soybean acres shrink this year following a challenging spring
- Allowing gene editing in organic food production “won’t be tolerated by the organic community”
- Regenerative agriculture saved this Arkansas family farm
- NSF’s revised non-GMO standard defines gene editing and synthetic biology as genetic engineering
- Bow & Arrow’s non-GMO corn sows seeds of prosperity for Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- Will Climate Change Mean Less Farming in the West?
- In Rural Appalachia, Beekeeping Offers a New Path for Coal Miners
- Clean Soil Is Rejuvenating New York’s Urban Farms
- What Have the Last 10 Years of School Food Policy Taught Us?
- Americans Eat More Chicken Than Ever. Leah Garcés is Working to Change the Industry.
- We Need to Talk about Sandy Hook
- Mowing the Lawn in Gaza
- Fasten your seat belts – Iran saving democracy in Iraq
- Ukraine President Once Agent for U.S. State Department
- WTC Building 7’s Controlled Demolition: New release by 9/11 Consensus Panel
- Why does the US govt support attacks on civilians in Ukraine?
- Hot War with Russia – The Saker
- Water Liberty: How Innovation Trumps Privatization
- Turnabout is Fair Play – Cuba and Ukraine
- This ‘covert nuclear war’ on humanity
- Working the Dark Side
- Will the US start a smallpox threat creation program?
- Europeans Pushing To Expose Global Climate Engineering
- Should Harry Reid’s corporate interests trump public grazing rights?
Juice Plus Aeroponic Garden Tower
- Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: Whole Foods Market okays GMO coexistence
- Farmer Wins Legal Battle with City over Raw Milk Sales
- Start a 1-Acre, Self-Sufficient Homestead
- Tribute to Chesney, Former Cockfighting Rooster
- Bayer and Death: 1918 and Aspirin
- Unspinning the Web of Spider-Goat
- Three Approved GMOs Linked to Organ Damage
~ Special Thanks To ~