BLUE HILL, MAINE — On Saturday, April 2, Blue Hill became the third town in Maine to adopt the Local Food and Self-Governance Ordinance. The Ordinance was passed at Blue Hill’s town meeting by a near unanimous vote. This comes on the heels of the unanimous passage of the Ordinance in neighboring towns, Sedgwick and Penobscot, on March 5 and March 7, respectively. The Ordinance asserts that towns can determine their own food and farming policies locally, and exempts direct food sales from state and federal license and inspection requirements.
Millions Against Monsanto
Verified GM-Free Foods
Organic Travel Guide
Dirty Foods to avoid
Sustainable Seafood Guide
Raw Milk Map by State
Gun Shows by State
Alternative Medicine database
Guide to Food Ingredients
Guide to Composting
Home Food Preservation
Grass Fed Meat by State
US Farmers Markets
US Food Co-ops
American Community Gardening
Start a Petition
Online Radio & TV ShowsJuice Plus+® provides the nutritional essence of 17 different fruits, vegetables and grains in a convenient capsule form. Click here to learn more.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- New study finds glyphosate causes disease across several generations
- Global organic food sales topped $100 billion in 2018, have grown 483 percent since 2000
- Is the plant microbiome a key to higher yielding, healthier food crops?
- Renewal Mill upcycles food waste to create “next generation” food ingredients
- Organic and non-GMO drive clean label food trend
- The Battle Over Air Quality near Factory Farms on Maryland’s Eastern Shore
- Where Do Food Banks Fit in to the Fight for a Green New Deal?
- Finca Conciencia Is Building Food Sovereignty on Vieques Island
- Synthetic Biology Is Changing What We Eat. Here’s What You Need to Know.
- Has Our Food Become Safer in the Last 10 Years?
- We Need to Talk about Sandy Hook
- Mowing the Lawn in Gaza
- Fasten your seat belts – Iran saving democracy in Iraq
- Ukraine President Once Agent for U.S. State Department
- WTC Building 7’s Controlled Demolition: New release by 9/11 Consensus Panel
- Why does the US govt support attacks on civilians in Ukraine?
- Hot War with Russia – The Saker
- Water Liberty: How Innovation Trumps Privatization
- Turnabout is Fair Play – Cuba and Ukraine
- This ‘covert nuclear war’ on humanity
- Working the Dark Side
- Will the US start a smallpox threat creation program?
- Europeans Pushing To Expose Global Climate Engineering
- Should Harry Reid’s corporate interests trump public grazing rights?
Juice Plus Aeroponic Garden Tower
- 11 Herbs for Strong Bones
- Start a 1-Acre, Self-Sufficient Homestead
- Create an Edible Landscape
- Codex Alimentarius: Control Food and You Control People
- Unspinning the Web of Spider-Goat
- Bayer and Death: Vaccines and CDC’s Myth of a 1918 Virus
- Australia proposes ban on 1000s of plants including national flower
- Heal Yourself in 15 Days - the series
~ Special Thanks To ~